Wednesday, August 19, 2009

por que migo

Earnest was caught speaking to a condom this afternoon. It was a brand new Trojan Intense Ribbed Ultrasmooth Lubricant condom in a mustard yellow wrapper. He found it under some papers, in a place he had forgotten he put it. He was alone, so it was he who caught himself talking. He said, before he noticed he was talking crazily to a condom, "ah, that would be nice..."

I cannot blog here anymore because this site is doing very strange things. Like when I type an apostrophe, it opens an odd menu. I cannot write without apostrophes. I will not write without contractions. It is sounding unnatural.

But I wanted to part with this observation, which occurred to me tonight while watching a dance band of a certain popular foreign culture. A macho man had cut in front of me in line, reminding me of my six months in South America.

The thought I had was: "if I do not value or respect my own culture, why on earth should I value yours, when it is clearly just as stupid."

No comments:

Post a Comment